The English School of Mongolia has immediate job opportunities for recently graduated/qualified Native English speaking teachers:
• Junior Grades Teachers (Grades 1-5)
• English Specialist (IGCSE)
• Geography Specialist (IGCSE)
• Monthly Salary after tax and insurance starting from 1000+ pounds sterling equivalent 3.200.000 pm. Plus retention bonus!
• Free apartment with all costs met
• Free annual Flight return UK-Ulaanbaatar-UK
• Assistance with Visa Process
• Interviews in Central London
• A great opportunity to work in an enjoyable International School environment in a lively city
• Amazing opportunities for CPD and career progression
• Fixed-term renewable contract
• Free school bus
We are looking for Junior School teachers who:
• Have experience and/or training in delivering the UK National Curriculum and learning through a thematic approach
• Have experience of embedding assessment for learning and meeting the needs of individuals
• Have experience of phonics approach to reading and EAL strategies
• Have strong communication skills and can work well in a team
• Have motivation, enthusiasm and creativity
• Have experience of offering extra-curricular activities
About the School
The English School of Mongolia is an established international school delivering the UK National Curriculum, accredited by Cambridge for IGCSE and A-Level. With an English Director and strong expatriate teaching team, they encompass a truly ‘UK’ feel in an international setting. (600 Students: Pre-School to Grade 12)
In 2013 the school was awarded membership to the Federation of British International Schools in Asia, enabling them to participate in international competitions and staff training. The school successfully obtained IB World Status in 2015 and is delivering IB at the Diploma level, with potential of introducing PYP in the future. They now work towards British Schools Overseas standard and the expansion of our site to include a purpose built Junior School. This is an exciting time to join this developing school where you can benefit from great opportunities to progress in the teaching profession. In the Junior School they adopt UK methods of teaching in a Mongolian and global context. Their children develop excellent communication skills, working successfully with their peers and as independent learners. Hands-on, differentiated, child centered learning ensures every child reaches their full potential. With assemblies, productions, field-visits and guest speakers,
They endeavour to embrace all Mongolia offers to enrich a child’s education and develop the whole child. Due to excellent growth in student numbers we are expanding to three-form entry and seek primary teachers who can help to continue the success of teaching and learning at ESM.
Why ESM? Why Mongolia?
“Even before qualifying from Bangor with a PGCE in Primary Education, I was searching for a teaching position abroad. I was given an opportunity to teaching Mongolia and now am in my second year with Year 5 and have taken on the position of KS2 Co-ordinator. The children are amazing to teach and
talented. I’m having an incredible time. Mongolia is a nice little stepping stone, more or less in the middle of Asia to travel and explore other countries
and Mongolia itself.” Michael Manktelow
Located between Russia and China, Mongolia has maintained is traditions and inspiring nomadic culture. Nevertheless, Ulaanbaatar is rapidly developing as a centre for business and trade in Asia; a lively city, with restaurants, bars, markets and a diverse expatriate community. With rolling Steppe, a short drive away, you can fill your weekends with horse riding, archery, walking, kayaking, skiing and even dog-sledding! Some of our staff have even joined the Mongolian Rugby Team, Riding Clubs and National Karate Team. Many make use of its central location for travel, including excursions to the Gobi Desert, boarding the Trans-Siberian train to Russia, or accessing South East Asia with a few hours’ flight. Nevertheless, living in Mongolia requires an open mind, flexibility and sense of humour to truly gain all that the country and its culture has to offer.
If you want to be part of a growing school, develop your career, and experience an exciting country please apply as soon as possible as applications will be considered as soon as they are received.
Please email your current CV to email@example.com or call on 0207 220 0198