JKFZ Cambridge International School (JKFZ CIS) require the following staff for an August 2017 start:
• Teacher of English (Language and Literature)
• Teacher of English ESL
• Teacher of Maths
• Teacher of Physics
• Teacher of Chemistry
• Teacher of Biology plus another science
• Teacher of Economics/ Business Studies
• Teacher of IGCSE Global Perspectives
JKFZ CIS operates its own salary scale and the benefit package includes:
• Two-year contract
• Private worldwide health care
• Annual travel allowance
• Subsidised meals in school
• Free accommodation or rent allowance (Utilities are the tenants responsibility)
• Holidays are based on the agreed published school calendar
The successful candidate will also receive:
• Help with visa and health check costs upon arrival in China
• Airport pick up and transfer into your apartment on arrival in Nanchang.
• Initial relocation/excess baggage allowance
About the school
Jiangxi University of Technology (JXUT) is one of the most popular successful private universities in China. The attached high school JKFZ opened in 2015 and latest examination results place the school in a top position in the city of Nanchang.
The latest development is to build an international school for Chinese students who wish to eventually study at universities abroad. Teaching will commence in August 2017 whilst construction of the new school will be completed in November 2016 and will be the largest International school for Chinese students in Jiangxi Province.
The principal and founding team are in place and working towards successful recruitment of students, the foreign teaching team and the Chinese support teams.
JKFZ Cambridge International School (JKFZ CIS) will deliver a British curriculum (Cambridge checkpoints, IGCSE and A-Level) through a dedicated team of foreign teachers in an English environment to Chinese students wishing to progress into western universities.
Together with providing the students with a high moral, physical and intellectual education, the school seeks to develop understanding and appreciation of both western and eastern cultures through international links and Extra Curricular Activities (ECA). The expectation is that all students become broad minded and informed ambassadors for their country as well as international citizens.
Includes, but is not limited to the following:
• To carry out the professional duties of a teacher as circumstances may require and in accordance with the school’s policies stated in the staff handbook, under the direction of the Principal or members of the board.
• To be an effective professional who demonstrates through curriculum knowledge, that they can teach and assess effectively, take responsibility for professional development and have students who achieve well.
• To teach allocated students by planning their teaching to achieve progression of learning, setting tasks which challenge students and ensure high levels of interest.
• To identify clear teaching objectives and specify how they will be taught and assessed, setting clear targets.
• To cooperate with other staff to ensure a sharing and effective usage of resources to the benefit of the school, department and students.
• To take responsibility for own professional development and duties in relation to school policies and practices.
• To deliver up to 22 periods of teaching (45 minutes per lesson) out of 48 periods each week.
• A minimum of a good honour degree and related teaching qualification(s).
• Native English speaker along with excellent written communication skills.
• Have teaching experience within a secondary school or post 16 setting. This ideally would include experience of IGCSE and A-Level teaching or equivalence (AP/IB).
• Previous experience abroad desirable, but not essential as training will be provided during induction.
Applications will be considered as soon as they are received. To apply please send an updated CV to email@example.com