Cairo English School require the following staff for an August 2017 start:
- Early Tears Teacher (FS1 – FS2 – Year 1) – Knowledge of EYFS is expected
- Experienced Primary Teachers (KS1 and KS2) – Experience is needed of the English National Curriculum (ENC)
- Learning support Teachers (Primary – Secondary) – Experience needed in Cambridge (CIE) and/or IB Curriculum for the Secondary Learning Support teacher and experience needed in teaching English as an additional language for the Primary Learning Support teacher.
- Secondary Maths Teacher (Possibly Head of Department) – Experience needed in Cambridge (CIE) and/or IB Curriculum
- Secondary Science teachers of Biology, Chemistry and Physics – Experience needed in Cambridge (CIE) and/or IB Curriculum
- Experienced EAL Teacher (Primary) – Inclusion Teacher with SEN experience for Years 1 – 6 is needed
- Head of Maths – Experience needed in ENC, IGCSE and IB Maths Curriculums. Ability to teach IB Higher Mathematics is an advantage.
- Counsellor – Recognised University Degree relevant to counselling children and preferably a teaching qualification, along with minimum requirement of at least 3 years’ experience in a school setting
- Whole School Music Teacher (specifically KS2 and KS3) – Able to teach music to 7-14 year olds. Must be willing to do concerts, choirs, productions. Carol experience an advantage
For all above positions a degree and teaching qualification, along with the minimum requirement if at least 3 year’s teaching experience is required.
CES Salary and Benefits:
- Tax free salary in Pounds Sterling (25% converted to local currency) plus additions for Masters or PhD
- Two-year contract (renewable)
- Annual flights or cash equivalent
- Monthly housing allowance
- Comprehensive International Medical Insurance
- Settling-in allowance
- July and August vacation (paid)
- 5% Retirement benefit
- Continuing Professional Development benefit
- Free transportation to and from school
- Annual No-Absence Bonus benefit
About the City:
Cairo is one of the great cities of the world. Being the centre of one of the great civilisations and culture, it is steeped in history. There is always plenty to do – no matter what your interest. There is a variety of inexpensive restaurants serving a wide range of cuisines. The opportunity to travel, exploration and adventure within Egypt and the Middle East and Africa are extensive. The climate is ideal with almost constant sunshine and virtually no rainfall and low humidity.
About the school:
Cairo English School (CES), established in 2006 is a vibrant and dynamic school where learning and student achievement are reinforcing the school’s reputation for excellence in education in Cairo, Egypt. CES is one of the premier British/International Schools in Egypt. The school is an Early Years to Year 12 school currently with 1, 615 students on role who enjoy the English National Curriculum (ENC) that includes Early Years Foundation Stage, International Primary Curriculum (IPC), IGCSE, AS, A2 and IB Diploma programmes. Cairo English School is operated by Esol Education, which operates eight schools in the Middle East, Mediterranean regions and Hong Kong. The school has a campus second to none and is in New Cairo, about 10 minutes from Cairo Airport and 45 minutes from Downtown. CES is fully accredited by Council of International School (CIS) and Middle States Association of Schools and Colleges (MSA). CES is an authorised IB World School teaching the Diploma programme and a member of the British Schools of the Middle East (BSME) and European Council of International Schools (ECIS).
If you are interested in any positions please send an updated CV to email@example.com