About the school
Cairo English School (CES) is one of the premier British/International Schools in Egypt. The school opened its doors in 2006 with 130 students and now has 1615 students from the ages of 3 to 17 who enjoy the English National Curriculum (ENC) that includes Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS), International Primary Curriculum (IPC), IGCSE, AS, A2 and IB Diploma Programmes. The school is situated on a purpose built modern campus in the rapidly growing area of New Cairo, about 10 minutes from Cairo Airport and 45 minutes from Downtown.
CES is fully accredited by Council of International Schools (CIS) and Middle States Associated of Schools and Colleges (MSA).
CES is an authorised IB Diploma School and a member of the British Schools of the Middle East (BSME), British Schools overseas (BSO) and European Council of International Schools (ECIS).
About the City
Cairo is one of the great cities of the world. Being the centre of one of the great civilisations and culture, it is steeped in history. There is always plenty to do – no matter what your interest. There is a variety of inexpensive restaurants serving a wide range of cuisines. The opportunity to travel, exploration and adventure within Egypt and the Middle East and Africa are extensive. The climate is ideal with almost constant sunshine and virtually no rainfall and low humidity.
• To have teaching experience ( teaching qualifications are an advantage)
• To have strong communication skills including cross-disciplinary and intercultural communication
• To have teaching ability and aptitude
• To be a strong self-guided learner
• To be a collaborative team player with patience for others
• To be very comfortable with Windows and Apple devices/software
• To be proficient in Excel/Access
• To be familiar with all 365 applications
• To have experience in working with iPads and Apple TVs in school
• To have experience with and managing SMS (WCBS’ PASS) and VLE (Showbie)
• To have HTML/CSS (basic web design) experience
• To liaise between the admin, educational staff and IT department to ensure technology educational goal are accomplished, the schools IT resources are used effectively, and there is a clear communication between these departments
• To teach staff, parents and students on how to use CES technology effectively and develop strategies for supporting this ongoing learning
• To plan strategically for CES future while implementing projects and evaluating their success
• To communicate with parents, teachers and admin on behalf of the IT department
• To creatively suggest technological solutions CES can implement
• To establish the technology proficiency standards for students and staff at the school in consultation with the senior management team at the school
• To evaluate, procure and set up educational subscriptions
• To have experience in rolling out and implementing a 1-1 mobile device (iPads) programme to enhance learning and teaching activities.
Salary and Benefits
• £25,000 – £29,000 pa Tax free
• Two year renewable contract
• Annual flight or cash equivalent
• Monthly cash housing allowance
• Free International Medical Insurance
• Settling-in allowance
• July and August vacation (paid)
• Retirement benefit
• Professional development benefit
• Free transportation to and from the school
• Annual No-Absence Bonus benefit
If you are interested in this position, please send an updated CV to email@example.com